Published on: Wednesday, January 23, 2013
Kuala Lumpur: Triple Platform Sdn Bhd, the temporary holding company for KFC Holdings (M) Bhd and QSR Brands Bhd, will announce new members to its board of directors after the completion of the delisting process of KFC and QSR.
Its managing director Datuk Ahmad Zaki Zahid said the delisting exercise valued at RM5.2 billion is in the final stage and Triple Platform is evaluating the suitable candidates to join its board.
"Currently, we are evaluating several candidates who are suitable to strengthen the company's operations, which takes into account their expertise that can be shared together.
"Besides that, the company is also open to take in new directors including foreign experts especially within this region as we are confident this move is able to increase the operations of KFC in the future," he said after the launch of its new product, KFC Golden Wrap Chicken, here Tuesday.
He added the new name to replace Triple Platform would also be announced shortly.
On KFC, Ahmad Zaki said the company has allocated a total of RM133 million this year to open 37 new restaurants, those that would be relocated and the 30 restaurants nationwide that have been earmarked for upgrading.
"We will also open more Drive Thru services this year," he added.
He has targeted KFC to record a growth of nine per cent to 10 per cent this year in terms of sales value from last year, on the back of its continuous promotional programmes as well as the country's steady economic growth.
On its new product, Ahmad Zaki hoped it would be able to contribute up to 20 per cent to KFC's overall product sales.
"The promotion will go on for two months, starting today, and we expect it to garner positive response from customers," he added. - Bernama