Published on: Friday, February 15, 2013
He said such funds are necessary to cater to the most important basic needs of the people. "I see so many physical developments in the district here like hospital, sports complex, a community college, a futsal court and the on-going project of RM49 million to install water pipes from Limbawang to Tamu Kayur which is 56 per cent completed that will benefit the people here.
"However, I see there is still a water problem. Thus, I am announcing an approved fund of RM226 million to build a water treatment plant to cater to the needs of the people here," he said.
Najib, who is also Finance Minister, said this when speaking to a crowd of more than 20,000 people at a field, here, Thursday.
A total of 15 Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) members headed by its Beaufort branch chief Adnan Mohd Ali submitted their membership forms to join Umno during the occasion. Najib has also signed a plaque that signifies the launch of the Beaufort new town development plan.
Also present were Najib's wife, Datin Seri Rosmah Mansor, Chief Minister Datuk Seri Musa Aman, Foreign Minister Datuk Seri Anifah Aman, Plantation Industries and Commodities Minister cum Upko President Tan Sri Bernard G. Dompok, Deputy Minister of Natural Resources and Environment cum PBRS President Tan Sri Joseph Kurup, Deputy Chief Minister cum PBS President Tan Sri Joseph Pairin Kitingan, Deputy Minister in Prime Minister's Department cum LDP President Datuk V.K.Liew, Rural and Regional Development Minister Datuk Shafie Apdal, Community Development and Consumer Affairs Minister Datuk Azizah Mohd Dun, and other officials.
Najib also approved a project to build an Islamic College here to be jointly undertaken by the Federal and State government that will share the costs.
He also agreed to channel amount of funds to the Middle Chinese School here that is in the midst of raising funds to build new school buildings as requested by Klias assemblywoman Datuk Azizah Mohd Dun.
He reminded the locals here that the Opposition particularly the Pakatan Rakyat component parties only know to make sweet promises.
"To say (things that should be done) is easy but to do it É is hard.
At the end, they play with giving promises from their lips from people who have no power.
"Look at the four states won and governed by the Opposition, only 15 per cent of their promises that they made in 2008 General Election had been kept while the remaining 85 per cent were just empty and sweet promises.
"Just ask the single mothers in Selangor who are demanding the promise by the Opposition party," he said.