Published on: Wednesday, March 06, 2013
Lahad Datu: The police are being extra cautious in their mopping-up and search operation following the offensive launched early today against the armed Sulu intruders in Kampung Tanduo, Sabah, Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Ismail Omar said.
He said the police believed that the enemy could still be present in the area of operation, estimated to be four square kilometres.
"I do not want any of the security forces' personnel to fall victim to the intruders," he said.
Ismail, meanwhile, dismissed a Philippine media report claiming that the intruders, from the army of the self-proclaimed Sulu Sultanate, found the corpse of a Malaysian security forces' personnel and that corpses of the intruders had been desecrated.
"It (the claim) is absolutely incorrect. I am disappointed by the report.
They should refer to the official sources," he said.
Ismail said such reports were propaganda which could undermine public order in Sabah.