The integrated operation also involves personnel from the Immigration Department, police, Chief Minister's Department and the National Registration Department.
FTF Sabah and Labuan Director Datuk Suhaimi Mohd Salleh said the operation would be conducted Statewide, including areas under the Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom).
"To do this, we have to first discuss with the Esscom Director-General Datuk Mohammad Mentek to look into various security aspects," he said. He said FTF conducts regular operations following the call by Home Minister Datuk Zahid Hamidi who launched the nationwide massive crackdown to weed out illegal immigrants in the country.
"As of January this year, more than 1,000 illegals have been repatriated to their countries of origin," he said, adding that the three detention centres in Sabah have the maximum capacity of 6,000 people.
"So far, there are about 3,000 illegal immigrants in the facility," he said.
In the latest operation, Ops Tanduk fourth series, a total of 625 people were rounded up and brought to the Luyang Community Hall for inspection during a two-day operation which began on Friday. Of this figure, a total of 256 illegals aged between 18 and 58 were detained under the Immigration Act.
"The majority comprised 195 Filipino nationals, comprising 115 men and 80 women, followed by 61 Indonesian nationals, comprising 42 men and 19 women," said Suhaimi.