Daily Express
INDEPENDENT NATIONAL NEWSPAPER OF EAST MALAYSIA
Established since 1963
Those whose names not listed will receive BR1M: Yong

Published on: Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Kota Kinabalu: Those whose names are not listed in the first batch will still receive the Bantuan Rakyat 1Malaysia (BR1M), said Assistant Minister to the Chief Minister Datuk Edward Yong Oui Fah.

"Even though their names are not listed, it does not mean that they will not receive it," he said, adding that they had to go according to the name list of recipients in different batches given by the Inland Revenue Board.

Yong also commented on the huge crowd, which came to collect their BR1M earlier at Damai Community Hall, here, Tuesday.

"Previously, the BR1M was distributed to the people according to the constituencies. However, this time there are three constituencies combined which are Api-Api, Luyang and Likas," he said.

There are 6,598 people who will receive their BR1M for the first batch and the total allocations for the Kota Kinabalu parliamentary area is RM3,469,100.

The distributions of BR1M are divided into four categories.

The first category, entitled to RM650, is for households with monthly income of below RM3,000, followed by the second category where single individuals aged 21 and above with monthly income of not more than RM2,000 will receive RM300 each.

The third category, however, involves households with incomes of between RM3,001 and RM4,000 and will receive RM450 each and the fourth category is for senior citizens above the age of 60 who live alone.

They will receive RM650.

According to City Hall Director of Sub Urban Management Department, Ajak Awang, it was estimated that 1,500 people came to collect the BR1M at the Damai Community Hall.

He also said four counters were opened but will be increased later and the hall is open from March 4 to March 9 from 9am to 4pm for the public to check their names as well as voucher numbers and constituencies.