Published on: Wednesday, April 02, 2014
Kota Kinabalu: The Urban Wellbeing, Housing and Local Government Ministry website where the MyHome Scheme forms can be downloaded from Tuesday (April 1) was inaccessible for several hours apparently due to overwhelming response.
Minister Datuk Abdul Rahman Dahlan admitted that the page http://ehome.kpkt. gov.my was inaccessible due to heavy traffic perhaps by early birds trying to get the forms.
The MyHome Scheme provides a RM30,000 incentive for each affordable house and was announced to be open for application from April 1.
The scheme, announced by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Tun Razak last year, consists of a RM300 million incentive allocation offering 10,000 units of affordable homes nationwide.
Only households with monthly income starting from RM3,000 and above are eligible for the incentive, selected via a balloting process, and they are required to retain the property if successful.
On Monday, State Local Government and Housing Minister Datuk Hajiji Noor said the ministry expects to launch 5,001 units of houses under the scheme in collaboration with the Sabah Housing and Real Estate Developers (Shareda) next month.
He said 1,200 apartment units would be available under the project at Timbok Jaya in Tuaran, 400 units in Kota Marudu, 86 single-storey houses in a development called Taman Luagan Jaya and 589 units of double-storey terrace houses in Beaufort.
Others include 1,072 apartment units in Taman Sri Indah Tawau to be built later this year and more than 1,600 units of landed properties and apartments to be built under Ria Heights in the same district.
Shareda is expected to hold a briefing on the matter here today (Wednesday).
According to Hajiji, Shareda had earlier applied to include 30 of its projects to be under the MyHome Scheme.