Published on: Friday, April 04, 2014
Kota Kinabalu: Former Chief Minister Datuk Yong Teck Lee is offering RM500 to anyone who slaps the Home Affairs Minister when he next visits Sabah for him to take ministerial responsibility for yet another serious security breach in Sabah's east coast.
"I also offer RM1,000 to any BN MP who moves a motion in Parliament to deduct the salaries of the Home Minister, Defence Minister and Rural and Regional Development Minister (who is the MP for Semporna) to show the anger of Sabahans over the repeated failures of the Federal Government to fulfil its constitutional duty to protect Sabah and people" said Yong.
"Security was the promise for being in Malaysia in 1963", he reminded Kuala Lumpur.
He said the latest security breach inflicts irreparable losses to Sabah's economy and damages Sabah's image that will take years to painstakingly repair.
Expressing the anger felt by Sabahans over the latest cross-border kidnapping of a tourist and a resort worker off Semporna, he said: "I offer another RM500 for another slap on the Home Minister for his broken promise to reveal the names of the 'three opposition leaders' behind the Lahad Datu Tanduo intrusion last year."
He said Home Minister Datuk Zahid Hamidi, who was then Defence Minister, had on the eve of early polling by security forces and families in last year's general elections, accused but could not name three opposition leaders who, he said, were behind the Sulu intrusion at Lahad Datu.
Zahid had also promised that he would reveal the names of the three after the general election, he said, while calling this kind of playing politics with security as sickening.
Yong predicted that some Federal officials will again blame the long coastline, the lack of resources and lack of cooperation from the people.
"I have repeatedly said, the only thing lacking is the lack of top officials being held responsible when things go wrongÉthe honourable thing now for police and armed forces top brass in Sabah, including the Esscom Director, is to ask to be transferred out of Sabah," he said.
Yong noted that after the last security breach at Pom Pom resort last November, the police had announced that two men believed to be linked to the murder-kidnapping were arrested but "nothing has been heard about the two men ever since."