ADVERTISEMENT


HEADLINES :




Movie that will promote Sabah to hit big screen next year
Published on: Sunday, July 21, 2019
By: Edwin Liew

KOTA KINABALU: Shooting will start soon on a mainly Mandarin movie with 40 per cent local dialects that will also promote Sabah’s beauty and multicultural society.

 Dubbed “Craze Below The Wind” the RM1.5million budget movie would feature local talents and is expected to hit the big screen next year. RM400,000 of the funding is from Finas, the National Film Development Corporation. The rest of the funding is from local companies.

  “Sabah’s own international recording artiste Gary Chaw, radio announcer Yu Tian Long, former movie Ola Bola’s actress Daphne Low and locals will be star in the film,” Said Katak Chua Soon Min.

 Katak, who is directing the movie, said this at a press conference at 1Borneo shopping mall, Friday. “We are still looking for investors to support us. Pre-production was done the past nine months and we will start shooting in August,”

Katak said the movie is an adventure comedy that sees protagonist Ah Long smuggle and deliver a mystery luggage in order to save his “troublemaker” sister by travelling around Sabah, “The film will be shot around here, departing Sandakan, passing through Kundasang to Tenom then finally to Kota Kinabalu. The idea is to feature Sabah’s  beauty,” he said. 

He said, the initial idea of the film was inspired by road movies, to travel around to show the beauty of Sabah and the multicultural society. 40 percent of the languages spoken in the film will be in local dialects, the rest 60 percent is Mandarin with the hint of mixture with Chinese dialects. 

The movie is presented by local production company MM2 Entertainment Malaysia and Froggy Planet Sdn Bhd and produced by Can Bah Production Sdn Bhd. 

“The movie will be a great history in local filmmaking, Sabah has to showcase more talents in the creative arts field by telling more stories about Sabah,” said Assemblyman Chan Foong Hin. 

 “I believe Sabah has talents but they have no platform to perform. This movie will be one small step for Sabahans to go international,” said Kota Kinabalu MP Chan Foong Hin.  

Also present were Kota Kinabalu Chinese Chamber of Commerce and Industry (KKCCCI) president Datuk Michael Lui and the movie producer Chester Pang.



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories