HEADLINES :





Bid to forfeit RM100,000 seized from Kasitah
Published on: Wednesday, September 11, 2019
By: Bernama

KUALA LUMPUR: The High Court here Tuesday set Nov 1, to hear the prosecution’s application to forfeit RM100,000 seized from former Land and Cooperative Development Minister Tan Sri Kasitah Gaddam, allegedly linked to the 1Malaysia Development Berhad (1MDB) scandal.

Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) deputy public prosecutor Nik Haslinie Hashim said the hearing had been set for Tuesday but the case was vacated.

“The court has now fixed Kasitah’s case to be heard on Nov 1 before High Court Judge Collin Lawrence Sequerah at 9am,” she told Bernama when met after a proceeding in the chambers of High Court deputy registrar Farah Azura Mohd Saad today.

Meanwhile, counsel Sasila Basri representing Kasitah said she had just been appointed by Kasitah and the counter-submissions must be filed on or before Sept 27 while the prosecution’s written submissions on or before Sept 13.

Earlier at a press conference MACC chief commissioner Latheefa Koya announced that the agency had filed civil forfeiture suits against 41 respondents to recover some RM270 million of funds linked to 1MDB.

Latheefa said the move was carried out in accordance with the Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Terrorism Financing and Proceeds of Unlawful Activities Act 2001, where the commission believed that the monies were transferred to the 41 respondents from former prime minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s bank account. – Bernama



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





National Top Stories