HEADLINES :


ADVERTISEMENT


Poon dismisses viral post claiming 40 H1N1 cases at KK private hospital
Published on: Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Kota Kinabalu: Sabah Health and People’s Wellbeing MInister Datuk Frankie Poon has dismissed a viral social media post that claims there are 40 H1N1 patients admitted to a private hospital here.

Poon said the Sabah Health Department had investigated two viral social media posts made on Jan 6 and 7 about the disease.

“The Sabah Health Department has investigated a viral message saying there are 40 Influenza A (H1N1) cases at a private hospital in Kota Kinabalu and confirmed that the message is false,” he said in a statement Wednesday.

“An investigation was also conducted into another viral message mentioning a positive Influenza A case at a private hospital on Jan 5.

“This case involves a Kuala Lumpur woman, 33, who boarded a flight from Kuala Lumpur on Jan 2 at 10.30 with a colleague for work purposes.

“She was given treatment and is stable. No pneumonia was reported.”

Poon stressed that the current disease is part of the seasonal influenza virus, unlike in 2009 when it was pandemic. 

Poon did not say in the statement the current number of patients but he was reported on Dec 29 last year as saying there were eight cases detected in Sabah then.

It was reported on Jan 7 that a Puteri Umno official from Kuala Lumpur campaigning for the party’s candidate in the Kimanis by-election had gone down with H1N1 and was admitted to Gleneagles Kota Kinabalu Hospital.

 



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories