HEADLINES :




Charles among those having virus
Published on: Thursday, March 26, 2020
By: Asia Times
Text Size:


Photo: AFP
LONDON: Prince Charles (pic) has tested positive for coronavirus and is now self-isolating in Scotland, his office announced Wednesday.

Charles, 71, is said to be “up and about” and in “good spirits” and has continued to work for the last few days. Doctors believe the earliest he would have been contagious was on 13 March. He last saw the Queen on 12 March, following an investiture. His last public engagement was also on 12 March. He has held private meetings since then.

Buckingham Palace said: “Her Majesty the Queen remains in good health. The Queen last saw the Prince of Wales briefly on the morning of 12 March and is following all the appropriate advice with regard to her welfare.”

It is not known whether the Queen has been tested for coronavirus.

Charles met Prince Albert of Monaco at a Water Aid event in London on 10 March. Prince Albert announced he had tested positive for coronavirus five days ago.

Clarence House has said it is impossible to know how Charles became infected due to his very busy schedule of public engagements.

Charles was tested on Monday after qualifying for an NHS test due to age and medical condition criteria in Aberdeenshire. 

He received the results on Tuesday. It is thought he was tested at Birkhall, his home on the Queen’s Balmoral estate in Aberdeenshire.

Medical advice is that it is unlikely that his condition will escalate into a more serious case. He is thought to have first displayed symptoms over the weekend.


ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





World Top Stories