HEADLINES :




Plea by contractor to resume work at site
Published on: Sunday, April 19, 2020
By: Neil Chan
Text Size:


(Above and below) Settling of soil at construction site.
Kota Kinabalu: The contractor at Metrotown, off  Jalan Lintas, hopes to be allowed to resume basement construction works which have been put on hold due to the Movement Control Order (MCO).   

 Perkasa Construction Sdn Bhd Project Manager Maxenburg M. Mariot said unforeseen soil movements have affected their basement retaining wall and adjacent properties.

 He said temporary measures have been taken such as installing steel props. However, the cracks at the sidewalks of the shop lots and the sinking of the roads have become evident.

 “The ground settlements actually started before the MCO but this has worsened as ongoing works in the construction of the basement has stopped.

 “We are also concerned that further soil movement may affect the main Lintas Highway if the basement works is left for too long,” he said.

 Maxenburg said they took the initiative to notify City Hall last week and that DBKK engineers visited the site to review the situation.

 “Now we are waiting for City Hall’s instruction before any immediate works can be done. Hopefully, we can get the approval as we cannot leave the site as it is dangerous and we don’t know if the MCO will be extended further.

“Without any action, we fear the situation could get worse.” 


ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories