HEADLINES :




Seek approval to enter Sabah
Published on: Sunday, May 17, 2020
Text Size:

Kota Kinabalu: Malaysians who wish to enter Sabah for essential services and official duty must obtain approval from the Chief Minister’s Department by filling up the special approval form online.

Sabah Health Department Director Datuk Dr Christina Rundi said the approval application forms could be obtained via https://forms.gle/GfQBdvB DDZXp9JyH8.

She said it would make it easier and faster for them to enter Sabah if they complete the forms and prepare the required documents, including Covid-19 test results.

“The requirement to undergo quarantine will depend on the assessment of the purpose of entry, risk and health level,” she said in a statement.

She said individuals seeking entry into Sabah were also advised to contact the Sabah Health Department’s Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC) at 088-219455.

Dr Christina also advised all individuals returning to Sabah to practise social distancing, wear face mask and to ensure that symptoms and body temperature were continuously monitored.

These were among the stringent measures adopted to break the chain of virus transmission in Sabah, she said.

On the number of Covid-19 cases in Sabah as of May 15, she said it remained at 330 cases.

“Although we have no increase in two days now, quarantine for those who return to Sabah is a way to stop the spread of the virus, “ Dr Rundi said.

She said targeted screenings were still being done in high risk areas in Sabah.

Meanwhile, the Health Ministry registered 17 new cases of Covid-19 as of noon Saturday, bringing the tally of infections in the country to 6,872.

Health Director-General Datuk Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said the new cases raises the total number of active cases to 1,247,

“Out of the total 17 new cases, six are imported and 11 are local. Of the 11 cases, five are foreigners,” he said at his daily press conference here Saturday.

Dr Noor Hisham said 73 cases have recovered and were discharged Saturday, raising the cumulative number of recovered cases to 5,512 or 80.2 per cent.

He added that there are 13 Covid-19 cases being treated at intensive care units, with five requiring breathing assistance.

According to the National Crisis Preparedness and Response Centre (CPRC), one new Covid-19 fatality was recorded as of noon Saturday, bringing the death toll in Malaysia to 113 (1.64 per cent of cumulative cases).

Case 113 (or Covid-19 case-6,856) was a Malaysian woman, aged 53, and a Health Ministry personnel member.

She was admitted to Hospital Wanita dan Kanak-kanak Sabah, Likas, on May 5 before being found to be Covid-19 positive. She died on May 7 and investigations were carried out about whether she died of cancer or the virus.

Meanwhile, the Bandar Baru Ibrahim Majid and Sabah tabligh makassar clusters have officially ended after no new cases were reported over the past 28 days.

Dr Noor Hisham said 750 people had been tested in preparation for the Dewan Rakyat sitting on Monday, with the samples of MPs and Parliament officers taken.

No one has tested positive for the virus so far, he said, adding that a complete report will be ready today (Sunday).


ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories