HEADLINES :


ADVERTISEMENT



Student shocked to death during drizzle
Published on: Wednesday, July 15, 2020
By: Stefyanie Myla Micheal
Text Size:


The victim was attended by medical rescuer right after the incident.
Kota Kinabalu:  A 16-year-old died, believed due to electrocution, at a basketball court in Taman Bandar Sierra at 6pm on Sunday. It was learnt that the Form Four student was playing with his friend during a drizzle when he slipped and held onto a lamp post.

City Police Chief ACP Habibi Majinji who confirmed the incident said the victim lost consciousness and was gasping for air a minute later. He said several friends of the victim and members of the public who were nearby called an ambulance.

“First aid was given before the ambulance took him to Likas Women and Children Hospital (HWKK) for further treatment. The police were contacted by the hospital and were informed that the victim was pronounced dead at 8.21pm,” he said. 

The case was classified as sudden death. Habibi advised the public to be careful and avoid playing in areas where there are lampposts, especially during the rainy season.

“Wet conditions due to rain can potentially cause leakage in the electricity current, especially on lampposts that could pose a danger to the public,” he said.


ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories