HEADLINES :




Aid for 1,817 Sabah tourism players
Published on: Friday, November 26, 2021
By: Ricardo Unto
Text Size:


Zamri presenting the assistance to one of the recipients.
Kota Kinabalu: Some 1,817 local tourism industry players received financial assistance from the Tourism, Arts and Culture Ministry (Motac).

Motac Secretary-General Datuk Wira Dr Noor Zari Hamat said those receiving the aid were tour guides, tour and travel agencies, spa and massage centre operators, homestay operators and Malaysia My Second Home (MM2H) companies.

“The financial aid hand-over ceremony today (Thursday) is the last such event for this year after similar ceremonies were held in Langkawi, Kuching, Terengganu and Kuala Lumpur,” he said in a speech read by his Deputy Secretary-General Mohd Zamri Mat Zain, here. He added that RM61 million had been allocated for the financial aid disbursed in stages.

“The assistance enabled more quarters to be involved in planning a sustainable and competitive strategy to revive the country’s tourism industry.”

The Federal Government, he said, has allocated RM1.6 billion to help revitalise the tourism industry in the country.

“The allocation includes RM85 million special aid for more than 20,000 tourism operators registered under Motac.

“Through this allocation, Motac will continue its efforts to help badly affected tourism operators.

“This is an increase of RM24 million – compared to the 2021’s allocation - and this aims to ensure the tourism sector will come back stronger and become one of the main contributors to the country’s revenue,” he said.

* Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram and/or WhatsApp channel(s) for the latest news you don't want to miss.

* Do you have access to the Daily Express e-paper and online exclusive news? Check out subscription plans available.



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News




Sabah Top Stories


Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on