HEADLINES :




'Recently completed Lintas road safe for use'
Published on: Monday, August 08, 2022
By: Bernama
Text Size:


Bung listens to a briefing.
KOTA KINABALU: The Sabah Works Ministry has confirmed that the completed road at Lintas, here, is safe for users and was built in accordance with the procedure and criteria set.

Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Seri Bung Moktar Radin said the road, ready by early this year, had also fulfilled stage four of the road safety audit and was now in the fifth stage of the audit process.

The Sabah Works Minister said he was also satisfied with the explanation given by the director of the State Works Department (JKR) and the secretary of the ministry that the road had been built based on the procedure and criteria set, and went through a road safety audit.

“The JKR had suggested the placing of a reminder signboard on the speed limit of 70 km per hour at every pillar of the flyover so that the road users would be careful when passing through the area, especially when it rains,” he told reporters after visiting the new stretch of road, here, today.

Last Saturday (Aug 6) at about 11.40pm, three members of a family died while a child was seriously injured when a four-wheel-drive vehicle they were in skidded and hit a pillar of the flyover at Jalan Lintas.

Bung Moktar said the investigation report on the cause of the accident would be obtained soon before being made public.



ADVERTISEMENT


Advertisement 







Sabah Top Stories


Follow Us  



Follow us on            

Daily Express TV