HEADLINES :


ADVERTISEMENT



Covid-19: Three Sabah deaths, 1,472 new cases nationwide
Published on: Tuesday, December 01, 2020
By: FMT
Text Size:

PUTRAJAYA: The health ministry has reported 1,472 Covid-19 cases and three deaths in the past 24 hours.

Health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah said there were 1,552 recoveries, bringing the total number of those discharged to 56,311.

In a statement, Noor Hisham said the 1,472 cases bring the total number of infections in the country to 67,169.

Meanwhile, the three deaths raises the toll to 363.

Selangor reported the highest number of cases today with 891, followed by Sabah (267) and Negeri Sembilan (146).

Noor Hisham said most of the cases in Selangor were from the Teratai cluster, which recorded 778 infections.

Meanwhile, the majority of cases in Sabah and Negeri Sembilan came from existing clusters and Covid-19 screenings.

Other states and federal territories with new cases reported today were Johor (68), Penang (29), Kuala Lumpur (26), Kedah (21), Perak (13), Kelantan (10) and Sarawak (one).

On the three deaths today, Noor Hisham said they involved two Malaysians and one foreigner, all from Sabah. They were aged between 24 and 64.

The two Malaysians had a history of chronic illnesses.

There are currently 10,495 active cases with 120 patients receiving intensive care, of which 44 require respiratory assistance.

Labuan, Pahang, Melaka, Terengganu, Putrajaya and Perlis did not record any new cases today.

Of the 1,472 new cases today, only five were imported.

Noor Hisham said the daily cases reported in most states had stabilised during the past week, with the majority of infections now coming from construction sites and factories.

“The high (daily) figures are due to an increase in active case detection and close contact tracing being conducted on the ground,” he said.

He added that all employers with factories under lockdown had been instructed to close their factories in stages and conduct screenings for their workers.

Health director-general Dr Noor Hisham Abdullah today announced that two new clusters had been detected in the last 24 hours, both in Sabah.

They are the View Kolombong cluster involving Kota Kinabalu and Tuaran and the Talang-Talang cluster involving Kota Kinabalu.

He also declared that three clusters had ended today.

The index case for the View Kolombong cluster involved an individual who was screened after exhibiting symptoms on Dec 1.

There were a total of 76 individuals screened, of whom 40 were positive.

Meanwhile, the Talang-Talang cluster involving Kota Kinabalu was first detected after an individual went for symptom screenings on Nov 23.

So far, 67 close contacts have been identified. Out of that number, 18 people have tested positive so far.

Noor Hisham said there were three clusters that ended today. These are the Highway cluster, Inai cluster, and Jalan Meru cluster.

Speaking on the clusters with the highest number of new cases, he said the Teratai cluster reported 778 new cases, the Hentian cluster reported 118 and the Batu Tujuh cluster, 37.



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories