HEADLINES :


ADVERTISEMENT



Sabah's 40pc revenue right lost if not for me, says Jeffrey
Published on: Tuesday, November 15, 2022
Text Size:

Sabah's 40pc revenue right lost if not for me, says Jeffrey
The Federal Government deemed it a settled matter after it paid RM125.6 million in a special grant to Sabah earlier this year, says the Sabah Deputy Chief Minister. (File pic)
KENINGAU: Sabah’s right to return to 40-per cent net revenue derived by the Federal Government could have been lost if not for his in-depth knowledge about the Malaysia Agreement (MA63), said Sabah Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Seri Jeffrey Kitingan.

Kitingan said the Federal Government deemed it a “settled matter” after it paid RM125.6 million in a special grant to Sabah earlier this year.

“I was told that the RM125.6 million was just an interim payment until we get the 40 per cent. But when the federal gazette was released, they said it was to replace the 40 per cent," said Jeffrey in a statement.

“Then in a meeting, I noticed that it was put on the list as a settled matter. So, I demanded that they put it back on the list as a matter that is still unsettled even though they had paid Sabah RM125.6 million.

“If I was not there, our rights to the 40 per cent would have been lost,” he said, adding this is the reason he wants to be reelected to the Keningau seat.

* Read full report in tomorrow's print paper or log in or sign up for e-paper and premium online news access.

* Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram and/or WhatsApp channel(s) for the latest news you don't want to miss.



ADVERTISEMENT


Advertisement 




A dream still worth pursuing
January 30, 2023



Sabah Top Stories


Follow Us  



Follow us on            

Daily Express TV