Wed, 6 Dec 2023



Tour expected to encourage interest in Science: Arifin
Published on: Thursday, September 28, 2023
By: Anthea Peter
Text Size:

Tour expected to encourage interest in Science: Arifin
Kota Kinabalu: The mobile exhibition “Experiencing Science: Enlightening Innovation” Tour in Sabah is expected to encourage Sabah students to be interested in Science. 

Sabah is China’s only stop in Malaysia before going to Vietnam and Cambodia next.

State Science, Technology and Innovation Minister Minister Datuk Mohd Arifin Mohd Arif said there is a lack of interest in Science among students in Sabah due to the perception that it is too complex and difficult. 

“But with this exhibition, Science becomes interesting, easy and entertaining as they learn. There are 60 exhibits that have been connected with the curriculum in our country and developed for this exhibition,” he said, after the launch of the exhibition at the Tg Aru State Library, here, Wednesday. 

Also present were Deputy Chief Minister III cum Works Minister Datuk Ir Shahelmey Yahya who represented Chief Minister Datuk Seri Hajiji Noor and Chinese Consul General in Kota Kinabalu Huang Shifang. 

Arifin added that the mobile exhibition also played a role in realising the State Government’s 60:40 target of having 60 per cent of students in Sabah pursuing the Science field and the other 40 per cent in literature. 

As such, Arifin urged the Education Department and schools to allocate the time and arrange a special schedule for students to visit the exhibition. 

The mobile exhibition is a three-year programme and would move through 14 districts in Sabah, starting in Kota Kinabalu until December at the Tg Aru State Library.

It is free. 

The interactive programme is a collaboration between the Science, Technology and Innovation Ministry, China Science and Technology Museum and Guangxi Science and Technology Museum.

The three collaborators signed a Memorandum of Understanding to declare their cooperation in July. 


* Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram and/or WhatsApp channel(s) for the latest news you don't want to miss.

* Do you have access to the Daily Express e-paper and online exclusive news? Check out subscription plans available.



Top Stories Today

Sabah Top Stories

Follow Us  

Follow us on             

Daily Express TV  

Try 1 month for RM 18.00
Already a subscriber? Login here

Try 1 month for RM 18.00

Already a subscriber? Login here