Mon, 15 Jul 2024

HEADLINES :


MH370 search proposal to be brought to Cabinet in August
Published on: Friday, May 10, 2024
By: FMT
Text Size:

MH370 search proposal to be brought to Cabinet in August
Transport minister Loke Siew Fook expects to present Ocean Infinity’s proposal for a new search mission for MH370 to the Cabinet in August. (Ocean Infinity web pic)
PETALING JAYA: A proposal by US deep-sea survey firm Ocean Infinity for a new search for Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 is expected to be brought to the Cabinet in August, says transport minister Loke Siew Fook.

However, Loke said the ministry must prepare a detailed proposal document first, Berita Harian reported.

“So far, we have not made any progress because (our own) proposal document has not been brought before the Cabinet,” he was quoted as saying.

“It requires time because we need Ocean Infinity’s proposal document first.”

Last Saturday, the Association for Families of the Passengers and Crew on board MH370 said Ocean Infinity had submitted a new search proposal on a “no find, no fee” basis to Loke on April 25.

Loke subsequently said Ocean Infinity had suggested commencing a new search mission in November, subject to Cabinet approval.

MH370 went missing on March 8, 2014, with 239 people on board, en route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

* Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram and/or WhatsApp channel(s) for the latest news you don't want to miss.

* Do you have access to the Daily Express e-paper and online exclusive news? Check out subscription plans available.





ADVERTISEMENT






Top Stories Today

National Top Stories


Follow Us  



Follow us              

Daily Express TV  







close
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
Already a subscriber? Login here
open

Try 1 month for RM 18.00

Already a subscriber? Login here