Thu, 25 Jul 2024

HEADLINES :


Police take 8 statements in Gombak food poisoning case
Published on: Wednesday, June 12, 2024
By: Bernama
Text Size:

Police take 8 statements in Gombak food poisoning case
Gombak police chief Noor Ariffin Nasir said the statements from families of the victims and the food supplier were taken on Monday and yesterday. (Facebook pic)
Kuala Lumpur: Police have taken eight statements in their investigation into the food poisoning case that resulted in two deaths on Monday.

Gombak police chief Noor Ariffin Nasir said the statements from families of the victims and the food supplier were taken on Monday and yesterday.

He said police were also tracking down further possible victims, who consumed food offered during a programme organised at a religious school in the district.

“Police will also call the organisers of the programme, the school principal, and other individuals involved in the preparation of the food soon,” he said in a statement.

Yesterday, police confirmed receiving two reports of deaths due to suspected food poisoning. One was a 17-year-old boy and the other a two-year-old girl.

Selangor health department director Dr Ummi Kalthom Shamsudin said 82 people who attended the programme have complained of food poisoning so far.

* Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram and/or WhatsApp channel(s) for the latest news you don't want to miss.

* Do you have access to the Daily Express e-paper and online exclusive news? Check out subscription plans available.





ADVERTISEMENT






Top Stories Today

National Top Stories


Follow Us  



Follow us              

Daily Express TV  







close
Try 1 month for RM 18.00
Already a subscriber? Login here
open

Try 1 month for RM 18.00

Already a subscriber? Login here