HEADLINES :




Pfizer booster dose programme to include Sinovac recipients
Published on: Thursday, October 21, 2021
By: FMT
Text Size:

PETALING JAYA: The government will expand the booster shot programme to those who received the Sinovac vaccine at least three months ago, in light of higher hospital admissions in the Klang Valley. 

Health minister Khairy Jamaluddin said the extended programme will start with those aged 60 and above.

Earlier, the booster dose programme was only for those who had been given the Pfizer vaccine. 

Those eligible will be notified for an appointment through MySejahtera or through text message for those not on MySejahtera. 

Khairy said the Pfizer vaccines will be used for booster shots, through heterologous (mix-and-match) vaccinations for those who had received the Sinovac vaccine. 

Individuals will be vaccinated on a voluntary basis for free under the national Covid-19 immunisation programme. 

The extended programme will commence tomorrow. 

Initially, only those who were high-risk including frontliners, the elderly and those with comorbidities will be given booster shots. 

As of Oct 19, he added that 47,728 people have received their booster dose. 

Meanwhile, he said the process of scheduling booster shot appointments on MySejahtera will be improved from time to time.

* Follow us on Instagram and join our Telegram and/or WhatsApp channel(s) for the latest news you don't want to miss 

* Do you have access to the Daily Express e-paper and online exclusive news? Check out subscription plans available



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News




National Top Stories


Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on