ADVERTISEMENT


HEADLINES :




Esscom issues list of those wanted for kidnappings
Published on: Saturday, August 08, 2015

Kota Kinabalu: The Eastern Sabah Security Command (Esscom) has refreshed the list of names wanted for cross-border crimes and a series of kidnappings in the State.The names include those of the notorious Muktadil brothers – Nelson @ Nikson, Braun @ Brown, Badong, Bocoi @ Black and Khadafi – as well as Salip Sosong @ Mohammad Apsa Abdulla, Ali@ Brown, and Manajan @ Marajan.

They were released during a meeting with business operators in east coast Semporna on Thursday night.

Esscom Commander Datuk Abdul Rashid Harun urged anyone who knows of the whereabouts of these people to immediately contact Esscom's operations room at 089-863181 or send a WhatsApp message to 013-5559410.

Earlier last year, Sabah Police Commissioner Datuk Jalaluddin Abdul Rahman had also issued a wanted list to facilitate in investigations pertaining to kidnappings and other crimes.

According to police, Nikson had lived in Kg Bangau-Bangau and was believed to have been involved in the April 2, 2014 Singgamata kidnapping of Chinese tourist, Gao Huayun, 29, and Filipino worker Marcy Darawan, 40.

Nikson and his brother Badong @ Adzmil Muktadir are believed to command over 40 men for their kidnap for ransom activities and they have four boats equipped with 40HP to 70HP outboard engines.

The brothers are also believed to be involved in four kidnapping incidents, with the last involving the shooting dead of a marine policeman and kidnapping of another policeman on July 12 last year.

Meanwhile, operators of tourism centres in the Eastern Sabah Security Zone (Esszone) have been advised to be cautious and always be ready to face cross-border criminal threats.

Abdul Rashid said this was because the cross-border criminals, said to be responsible for the kidnapping cases in Esszone, were believed to be still active and waiting for an opportunity to strike.

"That is why I am asking resort operators, especially in Semporna, to always be cautious, to not employ foreigners who do not possess valid documents...we do not want these workers to become the henchmen for the criminals.

"The kidnapping case at the Ocean King Restaurant in Sandakan should be a lesson to us all. Although there has been no kidnapping case in waters off Semporna, Kunak and Lahad Datu for a year we should not be complacent," he added.

Also present at the meeting were Semporna District Officer Dr Chaco Bullah, Esscom Deputy Commander Datuk Md Rahim Mohamad and Esscom Director (Sea Component) First Admiral M. Karunanithi.



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories