ADVERTISEMENT


HEADLINES :




No such land approval: Minister
Published on: Sunday, October 20, 2019
By: Ricardo Unto

KOTA KINABALU: The State Government refutes recent claims of a 5,000-acre land application approval by the Chief Minister in Kampung Long Mio, Sipitang.

Sindumin Assemblyman Datuk Dr Yusof Yacob who is also State Education and Innovation Minister said such application must undergo a thorough procedure.

“It (the land application) had yet to be approved,” he said.

“The Chief Minister will write down some notes on any land application and it is not an instant approval for the application as many processes will be involved.

“The application will be brought into a meeting, and a study will be done on matters like the applicants and the land area, among others.”

Recently, a news portal reported that the 5,000-acre land applied by outsiders had been approved. It was also mentioned that the applicant was from Putatan and he was making the application on behalf of 47 other applicants.



The report had also included the scanned application letter which stated that the land was applied for Musang King durian and pineapple planting.

The letter dated August 28, this year, was directed to the Land and Survey Director with notes jotted by the Chief Minister for the application to be given a priority.

Yusof stressed that it would be impossible for the application to be approved as it involves a huge land area.

“We give priorities to the application from the local community and we will not approve an application as big as that.

“Since the government had abolished the communal grants, we arrange to provide land based on the needs of the families and the maximum application is 15 acres per person.

“We also take into consideration the number of land applicants in the area. The reported application is unreasonable and we will not support it…I am siding the local communities,” he said.



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories