HEADLINES :




Non-Sabahans barred
Published on: Wednesday, March 18, 2020
Text Size:


File photo from Bernama.
Kota Kinabalu: Non Sabahans are barred from entering the State with immediate effect as additional efforts to counter the increase in the number of Covid-19 cases in Sabah.

Chief Minister Datuk Seri Mohd Shafie Apdal (pic) said all non-Sabahans would be subject to immigration restrictions and would require special permission from the State Government as well provide medical certificates that they are Covid-19-free in order to enter Sabah.

 “The entry of non Sabahans via air, sea and land will not be allowed unless they obtain a special approval by the State Government,” he said in a statement, Tuesday.

He said the State was also observing the Federal Government’s Movement Control Order with only certain critical departments and agencies that would be operating during the period.

He said government departments that would continue to be operational during include various units in the Forestry and Wildlife departments, Kota Kinabalu City Hall, State Finance Ministry, Tourism, Culture and Environment Ministry, Local Housing and  Government, Health and People’s Wellbeing Ministry, Agriculture and Food Industries Ministry and its agencies, Infrastructure Development Ministry and departments .

“Sabah will give all assistance needed to the agencies involved in tackling the Covid-19 problem,” he said, adding that it includes various measures such as closing most state ministries and businesses.

He said all official State Government events have been postponed or cancelled including Pesta Kaamatan, Pesta Kalimaran and Lepa Lepa.

Shafie said the State Mufti Sahibus Samahah has also directed all activities including Friday prayers at mosques and suraus to stop temporarily for 10 days until March 27 to allow for cleaning and disinfection to be carried out.

“All religious groups, churches and temples and other places of worship in the state had been advised to carry out cleaning and disinfection works.”

He said the state’s Command Centre under the State Natural Disaster Committee has also been activated in all districts and would be chaired by the District Officer.

Shafie also asked for cooperation from the State Health Department to provide the latest data and steps regarding the Covid-19.

He also asked Sabahans to abide by the movement restriction order. 

 


ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sabah Top Stories