HEADLINES :




16 sport complexes closed, says board
Published on: Friday, January 15, 2021
By: GL Oh
Text Size:

Kota Kinabalu: All facilities in 16 sports complexes throughout the State under the management of Sabah Sports Board (SSB) have been closed since Wednesday (January 13).

SSB general manager Terrance Pudin (pic), who confirmed this on Thursday, said the measure taken is in line with the government’s directive to re-enforce the Movement Control Order (MCO) in six states in the country including Sabah to curb the spread of Covid-19 which is getting more serious.

Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin, who made the announcement on Monday, also stated that all recreational activities and team sports or that involving physical contact are among those not allowed during the MCO.

This will be the third time a closure has been carried out by the Sports Board since the initial MCO was implemented in March last year followed by the second in October and the latest move is the first in the new year.

 



ADVERTISEMENT


Other News
Advertisement 


Follow Us  



Follow us on            





Sports Top Stories